Have you had the opportunity to use Bushnell Trail Cam? If yes, then you know why we consider them one of the best brands in the industry! This cellular trail Cam has created quite the buzz in the outdoor community. Read our Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam HD Wireless review to learn more about this fascinating device.
This trail camera runs on AT&T network provider. You will have complete control over your device and you can do so using a smartphone app or from your computer. Some settings you can control from your internet and app are: LED flash intensity, Delay intervals, Motion sensitivity, shutter speed, camera mode, image resolution, number of photos per trigger, and much more!
When you put batteries on and power up your device, head on over to wirelesstrophycam.com. Here, you can access your machine over the AT&T network. All you need to do is enter the serial number of your Cam and then register the SIM-card and activate your gadget. From here on, you can remotely set up the Bushnell Cam. Program everything the way you want and head on out to your deer hunting adventure. You can choose email alerts or app alerts.
Referred to as “thumbnails”, they are small, low-resolution versions of your trail cam images. Original images are still stored on your SD-card but only thumbnail is transmitted to the app and internet. Each image is time and date stamped.
Your Bushnell gadget uses AT&T GSM network for cellular coverage services. You require a SIM Card and an internet coverage plan to access this service. Before purchasing your Bushnell Cam, peruse through the AT&T coverage map first to see if your area is covered.
After purchase, Bushnell will ship the gadget with a SIM card and your network plan is free for the first month – this trial begins when you set up your account and register this Bushnell model. If you wish to change your data plan, you can do so by contacting Bushnell or by making online purchase. Frequently peruse through your accounts page on the WTC site for rates and data bundle upgrades.
If money is an issue and you are trying to save up, then we would suggest you try looking for cheaper alternatives as this model is on the higher price range. However, the features and benefits you get are worth every penny. Initial price is inclusive of one-month free Internet service. You have several choices when it runs out. Some options available include:
– Maintenance mode – 0 monthly thumbnails at $6.99
– Economy package – 1,000 monthly thumbnails at $9.99
– Basic package – 2,000 monthly thumbnails at $19.99
– Deluxe option– 5,000 monthly thumbnails at $29.99
– Elite option – 10,000 thumbnails per month at $59.99
If you do not live near hunting camps, maintenance mode is perfect for you because you will have complete control over all your settings and you can also view your battery life. Keep in mind that no images or thumbnails are received on your Apps with this package
All other data packages are per month and the price is recurring.
You will receive 60 feet of flash range and PIR sensor, 32 No glow LEDs, and 2.4 inch LCD display that is easy to use and navigate.
Video length is 1 second to 60 seconds – this setting is programmable via the display or app setting.
Your Bushnell Cam has 2X field scan with two available time slots. Users can monitor dusk and dawn movements.
A user is able to capture tons of images using the 0.6-second trigger speed. Enjoy 8MP high quality photos – daytime or nighttime images.
Temperature range is -5 degree F to 140 degrees F.
The battery life is known to last for more than three months without needing replacement.
– You can view tons of information about your Cam from laptop or your mobile phone such as battery level, Cellular signal strength and storage capacity
– Users have complete wireless control over their Cam – You are able to program your gadget remotely
– There are varieties of Internet bundles to choose from. This way, you are able to pick one that is pocket friendly and suitable to your needs
– You receive alerts of your new trail Cam photos on your cell phone
– Thumbnail option is confusing to many people and learning how to operate will take some time.
– It is expensive
– Charges are recurring, meaning you have to pay per month to receive above mentioned services
– You will receive no images or thumbnails if you subscribe to Maintenance Mode
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if you are out of range and your Trail cam has no cellular signal?
Answer: If you do not have signal, your device will work just like regular trail Cam. You can still use for taking images, videos etc
- What is the quality of thumbnails sent?
Answer: The thing to keep in mind is that these are not some high definition quality pictures, they are just thumbnails, but they do show some fairly decent images. Your Storage Device still has all images saved and they are high quality pictures.
- Can I receive thumbnails to my computer only if my phone text rates are too high?
Answer: Yes, you can choose email alerts only. Select this option when you are customizing settings
Just like any other gadget, research and read up about Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam HD Wireless Camera before purchase. This way you will have an idea of what to expect. If your wireless connection does not work, simply use as any other trail Cam until you get to a location with strong wireless signal. You will not lose any images as they are saved in your SD card.
All thumbnails are also available on your storage device – you can easily transfer them to your laptop or blow them up on big screen for better viewing. All in all, this product delivers. If the price is too steep, you can browse through some websites and look for Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam HD Wireless cameras on sale. You are bound to find deals soon enough.
Remember to purchase a security box and anti theft cable to ensure your gadget is protected at all times.